Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Doorway

Many of you know I had a job interview on Friday. The job was a teaching position at Bethlehem College in Tauranga. They flew me up for the interview; I thought it went really well, they seemed to like me.
The school is amazing, well resourced and committed to developing Christian character and a holistic education. These are things that I would love to be involved in. I got a call from the Principal yesterday saying I did not get the job. :(
But he did say that they really liked me and wanted me on their staff :) . There is a chance that another similar position opens up for next year, if so they said they would love to have me aboard. So I am very much in no-mans land with this at the moment- the door has not quite closed but I am not sure if it is open or not. I have prayed a lot about this and told God that I would love this job but if this is him shutting the door then that is cool, I trust his will. It is pretty hard to do when you really want to go through the door :) God may be testing me. Thanks to all of those that were praying I really felt supported in prayer, if you could keep praying that would be cool :).
Anyway good bye from a very confused and stuck-in-a-doorway Steve.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

i wonder if being stuck in a doorway is at all like being stuck in a chair. I did that once and it wasn't at all pleasant...

Anyway.......... you know the drill, Stevo :) *praying for ya*

2:52 PM  
Blogger M Ronayne said...

What time next year would the position open....?

And if so, do you have accommodation for next year? The reason I suggest this is there is a bunch of people who are more than likely going to be leaving Christchurch in mid-2005. Obviously if there are enough of us, sorting flats and stuff would be pretty easy if everyone in the flat was leaving at about the same time.....

3:01 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

yes! yes you're right, Fraser... they do!

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home