Friday, January 21, 2005

Eh Steve the Sorcerer

Hey everyone,
This is a post to update people with what is going on in my life. I am having a 1/4 life crisis like a mid life crisis except earlier...see John Mayer song. I have decided that i am not that keen on teaching in NZ. The reasons for this being (should i feel like i need to justify my choice?)....
Current expectations and pressure put on teachers is way too much. Me being who i am if i did teaching i would commit myself to it fully (and all the trimmings expected of teachers). Therefore not having time for the things in life i actually value friends, family, Church and God.
So that leaves me as a twixter someone who is betwixt and between (i did not make up the word it was in Time magazine). I have resigned from my position as a merchandiser or operations manager for the relocation of mobile display units (As Matt P put it) at Farmers and have got a job as a Fuel Distribution Engineer at BP (ie more pumping gass - my shirt is green now and not red) still another evil empire. I plan on doing a ESOL course half way through this year, and i am going to go to the carrers adviser at Uni and try to find what i am going to do...maybe i should be a lion tamer...i have a hat....or an accountant....
OHH i could be a lumber-jack - Not that kind of lumber jack though. Or i could be a mountaineer or a pet-shop owner or teach people self defence with fruit, or an English Knight, i could be a Knight who says "Ne" *trails of into Monthy Python induced rambling* .
Sorry about that i got a bit carried away, anyway i need some P (of the prayer variety)
I have decided i am going to take over from Simon the Sorcerer i could be "Eh Steve the Sorcerer" it has a nice ring to it.


2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

(it has a nice ring except for the sorcerer part)
you should be a teacher in like Africa, or Asia, or some poor underdevelopped nation. I know some girls who are into that kind of thing

9:39 PM  
Blogger Jared said...

Maybe you could become a yodelling vetinarian of the alps.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home