Monday, October 03, 2005

The Big Questions

Sometimes it is good when people ask you the big questions, this happened to me on Saturday night at Drug-arm. Talking to a group of young people (about 13-15) in town they had some interesting questions.
Why do you believe in God when you can’t see him?
Why can’t God accept me they way I’m?
Why does God put limits on our (sexual) identity?
Why did God let my father die? and what did I do to deserve it?
Why did God make people gay?
So Jesus is his own father? (After trying to explain the trinity)
So God and Jesus are in a rock band called The Egg? (More confusion over analogies for the trinity)
So was Jesus a bass guitarist? (Still more confusion)
Why is there so much suffering if God loves us?
What did the starving African children do to deserve suffering?
Why did God make mental illness?
What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything it? (oh wait I know the answer to this one 7x6)

I learnt that I don’t have easy answers to these questions, but I was able to pray with a few of them.
P.S. So long and thanks for all the fish.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jared said...

Pretty big q's

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home