Sunday, November 06, 2005

I had my second speaking engagement at Church this morning. The pastor asked me to talk a few weeks ago, so I kind of shared a little bit of my testimony and my experience of being a bored, tired and ineffective Christian and how I got out of my “slump”.
I talked about DRUGARM and it was funny after the service I had the chance to talk to three different people who had come into contact with DRUGARM before.
All where former, current or reformed sniffers and prostitutes. It was pretty crazy and I had a few people who are interested in doing DRUGARM so that’s cool.
I wasn’t too nervous and I survived. It didn't help in my attempts to shake off the “pastor Steve” nickname that the youth group has given me. Huh last week it was “Dr. Steve” I’m not sure if that’s a promotion or not.
Last week my Church had the “youth band” (who don’t have a catchy pop name yet) leading worship. Yay I like our Church now, you can hear the guitar and there is a bass guitar that drowns out the recorder. The “new” pastor is cool and I have started meeting with him regularly. Its cool but the young people are still leaving for bigger inner city Churches.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Pastor Steve has a nice ring to it.
Yay pastor Steve!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home