Saturday, November 26, 2005

Must keep old things

I’m a hoarder; I got it from my Mum. It is an annoying habit, but it is interesting on the odd occasion when you clean out the contents of your desk. Interesting contents I found:

  • Spiritual diaries (titled Mere Reflections One and Two) from many years back (1997 and 1998) funny I’m still praying the same prayers and struggling with the same things. I was so blatantly optimistic, now I’m a seasoned cynic (I blame Sociology).

  • Poetry – really bad poetry from when I was 17 or 18.
  • Photos of my trip to the US, Seventh Form formal and school production (ah good times).
  • A letter from Honduras (from Victor my World Vision child) and here I was thinking he had never written to me. Sometimes I’m amazed at how bad I am at organising anything.
  • My “goodbyes” book – the one you get everyone to sign on the last day of school. Also the one from the time in the states.

I did throw out quite a bit of stuff though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

I am a hoarder too. When I was home a couple of weeks back I was looking thru my box (quite large) of letters and notes from highschool. Most of them (well the notes anyway) were about boys and other such silliness. I like reading old journals and seeing howmuch I have changed but how a lot is still the same. The themes are all the same anyway...

12:04 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Yeah, I agree with Ruth!! - on the letters and journals and things! Though unfortunately I never really kept a journal when I was at high school - though I did have what I called a hate book - which I think i vented my anger in - and when i read it i laugh!!

But yeah, I think I can be a bit of a hoarder sometimes too!! I feel like I chuck heaps out, but there's still always more to keep chucking out!! : ) Oh well!!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home