Monday, December 19, 2005

I'm a worrier

I’m a worrier, I don’t worry about everything but the things I do worry about I worry about more than normal to account for the things I don’t worry about. One of the things I worry about (just ask my mum) is the future.
What will I do now that I have a BA? Do I want to be a teacher? Where is Cameroon and why do I want to go there? Will I get Visas in time? How much will the injections cost?
Sometimes I worry so much it keeps me up at night I have to go for a walk to “let off some steam.”
I have been walking a lot between the hours of 10pm and 2am this year.
It has not been the easiest year for me, with constant stress with full-time work and my body getting use to that time of day fondly known as “the morning.”
But God has helped me through this year, well God, mum, work colleagues, my cell group and Ed (my pastor).
I feel like I have got to the end of the tunnel and I’m excited (and a little worried) about stepping into the light.

One of the things that hit me this year was looking at my spiritual journals from when I was a 17-18 year old.
I had such a strong faith I was hopeful and excited about the future I believed that God was there with me everyday helping me through. I had goals and dreams.
I use the past tense because that faith has gone, not totally but it has diminished anyway. I’m not sure what has happened to me since I left school I guess it is what we call reality. But I’m cynical, at times hopeless, goalless and passionless. This is probably why I need to do DTS to find that passion, that hope in God the goals that God has given me.
I’m still worried about what the future has in store for me but now I’m trying to focus on the journey that God has got me on, one blessing at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home